Sikaflex®-219 LM is a one-component, low-modulus, high performance, moisture curing polyurethane sealant with excellent adhesion to aluminum, FRP, steel, wood, masonry and most plastics with proper surface preparation. Conforms to Federal Specification TT-S-00230C, Type II, Class A, ASTM C-920, Type S, Class 100/50, Grade NS, AAMA 808-3-92 verified. Exhibits excellent recovery making it ideal for sealing applications requiring high joint movement capability. Has a high joint movement accommodation factor of +100/-50%.
Sealing of exposed/concealed lap joints, between logs in log homes, glass to wood, aluminum or anodized aluminum, SSR endlaps, roof curbs, roof joints, skylights, smoke vents, HVAC equipment, curtain wall joints, perimeter caulking of windows and doors, exterior lap joints of grain storage bins and sealing the base to the concrete pad, fabrication details that are subject to structural movement. Also an effective sealant for use in Exterior Insulation Finish Systems (EIFS). For use with Typical Substrates: Aluminum, steel, wood, glass, FRP, SMC, RIM, pre-painted metals, Zincalume, ZINCGRIPTM, and aluminized steel siliconized polyester painted metals-many without primers.
Characteristics and Advantages:
– Cures to form a tough durable elastic material with excellent cut and tear resistance
– Adheres, in most cases without a primer, to aluminum, siliconized polyester painted metals, and other metals, glass, wood, tiles, fiber reinforced plastics, and similar materials
– May be painted
– Excellent resistance to aging, weathering and road salt
– Exhibits good adhesion to aluminum, FRP, steel, wood, GALVALUME, ZINCALUME, and aluminized steel without attacking the metal coating
– High joint movement capability of +100/-50
– AAMA 808-3-92 Verified for Exterior Perimeter Sealing Compounds